The Benefits of Coworking
There are numerous benefits of coworking. Typically, coworking spaces are advantageous to professionals who are either self-employed or working for separate employers. Individuals can rent out offices in the space or use the community room to work. This means sharing a space, ideas, and connections.
The purpose of coworking is to bring creative, bright, and innovative professionals together to let ideas collide.
Coworking provides individuals and groups the opportunity for one-of-a-kind in-person networking opportunities. Coworking can grant people connections in business that they might not otherwise receive. Creating new connections can create a world of new and exciting ideas, knowledge, and insights.
What Are The Benefits?
There are several benefits to coworking:
- Connections. Small business owners thrive in coworking spaces. Entrepreneurs can strengthen their networks in order to find potential clients, gain insight on new ways of doing things, and increase their social circles. Coworking spaces surround professionals with like-minded people who have the same goals, engaging them in areas they would not have had access to before.
- Flexibility. There are many different time frames available for the spaces, i.e. hourly, daily, and monthly. Flexibility is something of importance, especially to companies who are in rapid growth stages.Coworking spaces allow for routine variances, as well. You can come into work at whatever time you want and leave when you would like. This stands out against a normal 9-5 office day. Many spaces provide membership options for just three days out of the week which is nice for those who may choose to work from home for part of the week and only want to pay for a space when they are truly using it.
- Amenities. We all love a good amenity. Whether it’s cold brew on tap or a fully stocked fridge, coworking spaces provide fun amenities like free parking, free attendance to public events, Wi-Fi, a mailing address, access to the communal area, wellness room, snacks, and refreshments.Coworking spaces can save money for your business by providing affordable rates on memberships. Using a traditional office space ends up being costly. The cost of internet, the lease on a building, office supplies, furniture, etc. all add up in the end. These are all crucial aspects of running a business and coworking memberships bundle them all into a pretty fair price.
- Distractions. Coworking spaces make it easier to avoid distractions. It can be difficult to maintain complete focus when working at home or in another public space such as a coffee shop or local café.There are many things that can distract you from actually working while you are at home. Your family, neighbors, the television, your phone: these things take away from your ability to work. When you are in a coworking space, you are able to be your most productive self in a professional environment. You can still keep a healthy balance of work life and life outside of work by having an appropriate place to apply yourself.
- Branching out. When you are enclosed in the same building and office space every single day, it is difficult to get out of your usual daily routine. Utilizing a coworking space pushes you to do things outside of your comfort zone. You get to meet new individuals who could possibly be beneficial to your business or personal goals.
The Foundry on Main is a Dynamic Cowork Space on North Main Street in Evansville, IN offering an office environment for individuals that work remotely and for small companies in need of office space. Inspiring creativity, collaboration, and providing a positive environment for small, growing businesses to thrive.